- Born on January 21, 1986
- Alumnus of the National Open University of Nigeria
- First runner-up of the BBN TV Reality Show Season 2
Who Is Bisola Aiyeola?
Abisola Grace Aiyeola, popularly known as Bisola Aiyeola, is a Nollywood actress, movie producer, presenter, and TV host. She came to the limelight after participating in the second edition of Big Brother Naija TV reality show in 2017, where she was the first runner-up.
Bisola is famous for her acting roles in Sugar Rush, This Lady Called Life, Flawsome, and Sistá. She is passionate about the media world, music, and investments.
Personal Life (Early/recent)
Bisola Aiyeola was born on January 21, 1986, in Britain. She relocated to Nigeria with her parents and two siblings at a very tender age. Her father left the family when she was three years old, so her mother raised her and her siblings all by herself.
All went well for her family financially till age 8, when they hit rock bottom. A fire accident burnt down her mother’s shops, and nothing was recovered, so they lived with different family relatives in rural communities.
She studied business management at the National Open University of Nigeria. In 2008, she got a chance to compete at MTN Project Fame West Africa, where she came 5th. That same year on June 12, she gave birth to her daughter, Leyla.
Bisola was also part of the housemates in the second edition of BBN in 2017.
Before stardom, Bisola was a TV host of Billboard Nigeria, which broadcasted on Silverbird Television channel. She was also a presenter at various live shows and featured in a few movies.
After exiting the BBN house, which she entered as a musician, she released her single debut, ‘Luchia,’ under Temple Music.
Her music career didn’t flourish, so she continued taking movie roles. In 2019, she starred alongside Bimbo Ademoye, Adesua Etomi-Wellington, and Idowu Philips in ‘Sugar Rush’ where she was the lead role.
She also played the lead role in the movie ‘This Lady Called Life,’ as ‘Aiye,’ a young single mother abandoned by her family yet still determined to become a world-class chef.
Bisola Aiyeola recently featured as ‘Tiwatope’ in the movie ‘Sistá.’ She also starred in Skinny Girl in Transit, Let Karma, Husbands of Lagos, Flawsome, Palava, A Simple Lie, Picture Perfect, Dwindle, The Bling Lagosians, etc.
Apart from acting, she is also a producer, with ‘Introducing the Kujus’ being the first series she produced.
Nominations and Awards
- Nomination as the Best Supporting Actress –English category for her role in Picture Perfect in the 2017 Best of Nollywood Awards
- Won the Trail Blazer Award in the 2018 Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards
- Won the Best Actress in a Supporting Role-English Category for her role in Sugar Rush in the 2020 Best of Nollywood Awards
- Nomination as the Best Actress in a Lead Role –English category for her role in This Lady Called Life in the 2020 Best of Nollywood Awards.
- Nomination as the Best Actress in A Comedy for her role in Dwindle at the 2022 Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards
- Nomination as the Best Supporting Actress for her role in Sugar Rush at 2022 Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards
- Nomination as the Best Actress in A Drama for her role in This Lady Called Life at the 2022 Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards.
Related Post: Bolanle Ninalowo – Biography of a Nollywood Star.
Feel free to share this post with other Bisola Aiyeola fans.
Read Next: Genoveva Umeh – Personal Life and Career.