- Official team colors are Navy, Green, and Orange
- The team’s home stadium is Lumen Field, Seattle, Washington
- General manager and head coach is Jim Haslett
About Seattle Sea Dragons
Seattle Sea Dragons is a professional football team based in Seattle, Washington under the XFL.
The team was originally referred to as Seattle Dragons, when XFL was run by Alpha Entertainments.
It got its new name as Seattle Sea Dragons when the new president of XFL, Russ Brandon came onboard.
The Seattle Sea Dragons play their home games at the Lumen Field, Seattle, Washington.
They have the fourth highest win percentage among all current 2023 XFL teams.
In 2018, Seattle was chosen by Exclusive Football League (XFL) as one of its eight inaugural cities.
Jim Zorn, a one time quarterback at Seahawks was announced as the head coach of the Seattle XFL franchise on February 25, 2019.
The name and logo of the team was revealed in August, 2019. The first official name of the team was Seattle Dragons.
Months later,the team uniform was unveiled with Navy, Green and Orange being the official team colors.
On October 15, 2019, Brandon Silvers was signed and announced as the first team player of the Seattle Dragons.
The first game won by the Dragons was against the Tampa Bay Vipers. They defeated the Vipers by 17-9.
On March 12, 2020, the XFL notified the public of the annulment of the 2020 XFL season due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Upon the suspension of the 2020 XFL season, the Seattle Dragons finished with a 1-4 record.
History as Seattle Sea Dragons
During the pandemic, XFL was purchased by RedBird Capital Partners.
The new owners and leadership of the XFL hired Jim Haslett as the head coach of the Seattle Dragons on April 13, 2022.
Haslett brought in June Jones, a one time head coach of Hawaii and SMU as the new Offensive Coordinator.
The XFL announced a change in the name of the Seattle team from ‘Seattle Dragons’ to ‘Seattle Sea Dragons’
The change in the team’s name was accompanied by a change in the team logo. On October 31, 2022 their new logo was unveiled.
Some of the staff that makes up the teams office includes
- General manager – Jim Haslett
- Director of team operations – Pat Mathews
- Director of player personnel – Randy Mueller
- Athletic Trainer – Scottie Patton
- Equipment Manager – Trevor Pueblo
- Video Manager – Drew Scharenbroch
- Head coach – Jim Haslett
- Offensive coordinator – Nick Rolovich
- Quarterbacks – Dan Morrison
- Running backs – Wes Suan
- Wide Receivers/Special Teams – Ty Knott
- Offensive Line – Dennis McKnight
- Defensive coordinator – Ron Zook
- Defensive Line – Chip Garber
- Linebackers – Matt Fleischacker
- Defensive Backs – Mike Gillhamer
- Safeties/Quality Control – Aaron McGinty
The Seattle Sea Dragons have a little above 63 players on their team including reserves and special teams.
Some of their exceptional players are Adrian Ealy, Steven Montez, Phillip Lindsay, Josh Gordon, Mykael Wright and Kelvin McKnight.
Six of their team players are a part of NFL teams. Their names and NFL teams are –
- Austin Faoliu – Seattle Seahawks
- Barry Wesley – Atlanta Falcons
- Godwin Igwebuike – Atlanta Falcons
- Ben DiNucci – Denver Broncos
- Niko Lalos – New Orleans Saints
- Michael Dunn – Cleveland Browns
The Seattle Sea Dragons have seven reserve players as unsigned draft picks and free agents.
Some of the players that make up their reserve list includes Malcolm Lee, Luke Loecher, Lazarus Williams and Olasunkanmi Adeniyi.
Thomas Fletcher, Cameron Nizialek and Dominik Eberle are the players that make up their special teams.
The Seattle Sea Dragons have about seven rivals including Orlando Guardians, Houston Roughnecks, Arlington Renegades, Vegas Vipers and DC Defenders.
Amongst their opponents, they have the fourth highest win percentage in the 2023 season
The Sea Dragons won the overall regular season by 43%, had a tie of 28.5% and lost by 28.5%.
The team lost to DC Defenders and St Louis Battlehawks by 0-3 and 1-2 respectively.
They had a tie score of 1-1 in their games against the Houston Roughnecks and Arlington Renegades.
The Sea Dragons won with a score of 3-0 in their games against the Vegas Vipers and 1-0 in their games against Orlando Guardians and San Antonio Brahmas.
In the 2023 season, the Seattle Sea Dragons recorded some outstanding performance.
A few of the notable performance includes
- 2,671 passing yards by Ben DiNucci
- 305 rushing yards by Ben DiNucci
- 670 receiving yards by Jahcour Pearson
- 7 coaching wins by Coach Jim Haslett
- 48 Tackles by Steven Johnson and Qwynnterrio Cole
Feel free to explore other articles we’ve published in various categories.