- An Indigene of Edo, Nigeria, born in Bronx, New York, US, on October 26, 1990
- An alumnus of Pennsylvania State University and Pace University
- Founder of Joyful Joy Foundation
- Highest grossing Nollywood actress of 2018
Who Is Osas Ighodaro?
Osariemen Martha Elizabeth Ighodaro, popularly known as Osas Ighodaro, is a model, host, an actress, and a humanitarian. Osas is estimated to be worth over $1 Million dollars.
Personal Life (Early/recent)
Osas Ighodaro was born in Bronx, New York, United States, on October 26, 1990.
She is an indigene of Edo, a southsouthern State in Nigeria, but she was born and bred in the United States of America until 2012, when she returned to Nigeria.
Not much is known about her family, but she credits her success to her parents, especially because they enrolled her in a modeling school as a teenager while she was battling with low esteem.
She attended Pennsylvania State University, where she obtained a Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism with dual minor degrees in Entrepreneurship and Theater.
She went on to get a master’s degree in Fine Arts from the Actors Studio Drama School at Pace University.
In July 2015, she got married to Gbenro Ajibade. The following year, they welcomed their first child, Azariah Tiwatope Osarugue Ajibade on July 21, 2016.
In 2019, her marriage to Gbenro fell apart and the couple divorced.
Osas started out in the entertainment industry as a teenager. After she graduated from modeling school, she took part in many pageantries and she eventually won Black Connecticut US and Miss Black USA in 2010.
While she was still a student, she took part in many stage plays like Shades of Black and Grey, Ladies Night at the Cotton Club, The Coloured Museum, e.t.c.
She also had several roles in the United States movie industry before she decided to return to Nigeria
In 2012, she visited Nigeria with the intentions of staying for six months, but when she saw the fresh state of the Nigeria movie industry she decided to continue her acting career in Nigeria.
Her debut in Nollywood was in the series ‘Tinsel’, where she played Adanna in five episodes of the series. Followed by her role as Ruth Marshall in another series titled ‘Parallels’.
Since then, she has appeared in several Nollywood blockbusters such as Single Not Searching, Man of God, Namaste Wahala, The Smart Money Woman, Rattlesnake: The Ahanna Story, King of Boys, Gbomo Gbomo Express, e.t.c.
Her lastest role was as Shola in ‘To Freedom’ and Lydia Danjuma in ‘Love, Lust and Other Things’.
Between 2013 and 2015, Osas co-hosted the television dance show ‘Maltina Dance All’. She also co-hosted 2014 Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards, The Headies 2022 and The Headies 2023.
Osas has also graced the front cover of few magazines in the US like Heart and Soul Magazine and New York Beacon.
She owns a movie production company called Joy of Art Media and Entertainment.
Osas is also a brand ambassador for Skintisfaction, Maltina, Throne Investment Homes and Dano Milk
- Miss Black USA at the 2010 Miss Black USA Pageant
- Actress of the Year 2014 for her role in ‘Tinsel’, awarded at Exquisite Lady of the Year Awards
- Humanitarian Award for her work at Joyful Joy, awarded at the Green October La Mode Magazine Awards in 2015
- Brand Ambassador of the Year 2015 for her influence on Polo Avenue; Konga.com, awarded at Exquisite Lady of the Year Awards.
- Supporting Actress of the Year for her role in ‘Gbomo Gbomo Express’, at the 2016 Nigeria Entertainment Awards
- Woman of the Year in Entertainment, awarded at Her Network- Woman of the Year Awards in 2021.
- Best Actress in a Drama for her role in ‘Rattlesnake: The Ahanna Story’, awarded at the 2022 Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards
- Best Actress in a Drama, Movie or TV series for her role in ‘Man of God’, at the 2023 Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards
Feel free to share this post with your family and friends.
Read Next: Mawuli Gavor – Personal Life (Early and Recent).