- An indigene of Umuahia, Abia State, born in Lagos, Nigeria, on July 15, 1981
- An alumnus of the University of Lagos
- Winner of the Amstel Malta Box Office (AMBO) reality show
Who Is OC Ukeje?
Okechukwu Ukeje, popularly known as OC Ukeje, is a Model, Musician and an Actor of both local and international repute. He began his career with stage plays, and came into the limelight after winning the Amstel Malta Box Office (AMBO) reality show.
OC Ukeje has been a crew member and cast member of several award winning films and television series.
Personal Life (Early/recent)
OC Ukeje was born July 15, 1981 in Lagos State, Nigeria. He was brought up in Lagos and he attended Federal Government College Ijanikin, Ojo. OC proceeded to University of Lagos upon completion of his secondary education to obtained a Bachelor’s degree in Theater Arts
He got married to Senami Ibukunoluwa Togonu-Bickersteth on November 8, 2014. His wife is a Canada-based Nigerian, an Alumnus of Maryland College Park where she got a Masters in Public Policy.
Ukeje lives separately from his wife as a result of their job types. She lives in Toronto, Canada while he is based in Lagos, Nigeria.
OC began his career as the lead actor in a stage play as a first year student in the University of Lagos.
He went on to focus on musical and stage plays throughout his four years stay in the University.
He got attention and became famous after he participated and won the Amstel Malta Box Office (AMBO) reality show.
Ukeje made his debut onscreen in 2007 as Melvin in the Nollywood movie ‘White Waters’. His role in the movie got him his first award as the Most Promising Actor at the 2008 Africa Movie Academy Awards.
The following year, he played Hakeem in the movie ‘Comrade’. After which he went on to write songs, he worked with some Nigerian musicians and music producers. He also worked on radio jingles for corporate organizations
OC Ukeje featured alongside Nse Ikpe Etim, Chet Anekwe, Bimbo Akintola and Femi Jacobs in ‘Heaven’s Hell’, a film that helped to enlighten and fight domestic violence against women and children.
In 2022, he had roles in two international TV series. Where he played Young Joe Ridgeway in an episode of ‘Locke & Key’ and Agent Manning in two episodes of ‘Departure’.
That same year, he starred in ‘Brotherhood’, the highest grossing Nollywood film of 2022, where he played Izra the cobra. Starring Tobi Bakre, Toni Tones, Sam Dede and Zubby Michael.
Ukeje is also a producer and a film maker. Recently, his film ‘Orah’ was selected to screen at the prestigious Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF 2023) in the Industry Selects Program.
OC has been nominated for seven awards and he emerged overall winner for these five.
- Best Lead Actor in a Film for his role in ‘Alan Poza’, awarded at the 2013 Nigeria Entertainment Awards.
- Best Lead Actor in an English Movie for his role in ‘Alan Poza’, awarded at the 2013 Best of Nollywood Awards.
- Most Promising Actor for his role in ‘White Waters’, awarded at the 2008 Africa Movie Academy Awards.
- Best Actor in a Lead Role for his role in ‘Hoodrush’, awarded at the 2013 Nollywood Movies Awards.
- Best Actor in a Drama for his role in ‘Two Brides and a Baby’, awarded at the 2013 Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards.
Feel free to comment below and check our homepage for other related articles.
Read Next: Femi Jacobs – Bio of a Nollywood Actor.